Friday 1 November 2013

Challenge #9 - November

Thank you for another bumper crop of entries for last month's challenge, some of the interpretations were amazing, so creative! Winners will be announced in a few days so please watch for them.

Today is the 1st of a new month so we announce the new challenge which has been chosen by Brenda - it is:

'LETTERS'

You can put whatever spin you like on this theme but it MUST be CLEAR what it is eg entering a card that just has a sentiment on it WILL NOT COUNT as the letters. Please read the RULES to ensure that you don't disqualify yourself and if you're new to entering challenges you can find a link to help with entering (linking) your project on the sidebar.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Here are some beautiful projects from our talented Design Team to get you started (more info' and pic's on their own blogs). We're missing our lovely Trace for the next 2 months as she's having a well-earned break but don't worry, she'll be back with us in the New Year....

Gabrielle


"For my first project this month I chose to use dictionary paper to stamp the my images on to as well as to write the sentiment in large letters. The background was one I created in my journal from Dylusion inks but thought it far too bright so I left it for ages! I decided that I really should do something with it so to knock it back I sprayed layers of White Linen Dylusion Ink until I liked the colours! Sometimes giving a few days (or weeks!) to think about something you've made gives a new perspective! I really like the background now! I was then reminded of a Dylusions sentiment that I changed so I could use a Dylusions stars stencil!!!"


Jennie


"I love collecting text style scrapbooking papers as I feel they can usefully be used for any type of layout.  As most of you know I have avoided buying baby or child papers for layouts of my grandson and these text papers just suited this colourful photograph of him taken last year.    I used a single 12 x 12 piece overlaid on a light turquoise border for this layout and used scraps of other text papers for the embellishments."


Brenda




"For my 'letters' challenge I have used a wooden letter holder that has been sitting, unloved, by my desk holding tags and altered it into a mixed-media home decor piece which means it can now be used for what it was intended for. I have used lots of paint, modelling paste, stamps and die-cuts and had great fun with the transformation."


Chris



 "I was looking for something to hold my special documents, things like my driving license, TV license, etc and any current correspondence awaiting action or reply (ie couldn't be filed away yet). I couldn't find anything appropriate so I decided I would make something to do the job. This is what I came up with."

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
As usual. we will be closing the challenge at the end of the month and the lucky winner (chosen at random by random.org) will receive a £20 shop voucher from our fab and generous sponsor, Country View Crafts. We will also be choosing our top 3 projects as well as a special mention for the entry we think has demonstrated the most originality and creativity on the theme. All winners receive a blog badge and offer of guesting with us next month.

For those of you who have responded to our DT call - THANK YOU! We are reviewing the applications as a team and will be back in touch with you shortly.

We'll be posting new projects every 3 days throughout the month, more from our permanent DTMs and some from our very talented guests (previous winners) so do come back and visit us often. We hope you will hop over to our guests' blogs and share your love and comments there too.

Thanks for your support and GOOD LUCK!



11 comments:

  1. Brilliant projects from the DT today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some super projects, really original and imaginative! Julie Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful inspiration from the team!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW !! fabulous makes by the DT and best wishes to Trace

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great challenge!! And the fantastic DT Inspiration!!!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges} *New Challenge Blog*

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great challenge theme and fabulous inspiration by the DT. I also love to use letters on my work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to have found time this month to play along with this great theme - and so much fab inspiration from the DT, thank you!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just linked mine better late than never where does the time go!!
    Great challenge and DT work.

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete

We love to know what you think about our site, our challenges and the projects our DT Members and guests donate. All constructive comments are welcome and if you have any questions we have provided a contact form on the sidebar.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and support us. Happy crafting!

Susan and the CVC team xxx