Saturday 1 March 2014

YAY !! It's our first BLOGAVERSARY !!!

Whoop! Whoop! Whoop! Yes, We are officially one year old and this month we're celebrating our BLOGAVERSARY !!! 

Our topic for this month has been chosen by Susan, our sponsor and owner of Country View Crafts, and Susan has chosen something very apt...


'PAPER CHASE'


The world is your craft box... you can make whatever you would like to as long as your project has a strong theme of paper! What could be easier?

As this is is such a special month, Susan has very generously sponsored TWO FIRST PRIZES OF £20 shop vouchers just for this occasion. BOTH WINNERS will be chosen by random.org so EVERYONE HAS A CHANCE of winning!  (Please do share some love and take a visit to her shop - CVC has some of the keenest prices we've seen and they offer free P&P for UK orders and very reasonable postage for orders going overseas.)

As usual, to whet your appetite, we're starting off with a line up from our talented Design Team which is headed this month by our guest - January winner, Saba, who joins us from Pakistan...


Saba


"I am a creative person at heart, who loves to experiment with different mediums and techniques. Love taking on challenges and love love love creating things!"


"Here is my Paper Chase themed project. Since it required a strong paper theme I used, as backdrop, papers from a vintage novel and layered it with a branch which seated a dark green owl and bright (nearly neon) pink roses. Since most paper is made from wood pulp, gave it a woody feel at the same time brightening it with neon flowers."



Brenda


"I have four playing cards to share for our FIRST anniversary which include lots of different types of paper, - music score, old road maps, Tim Holtz papers, tissue wrap, tissue tape and tissue paper, plus lots of other goodies. I have so many paper stacks, old dictionaries and paper supplies it was a difficult job to know what to choose, but I am glad I managed a little dent in the mound."


Donna


"Warning you might need to put your sunglasses on for this one!! Love making paper flowers so a paper theme is the perfect excuse. Tim Holtz's new Jumbo Tattered Florals die combined with lots of shimmery cosmic shimmer spray = very inky fingers and one bright and cheerful wreath......."


Gabrielle


"When I stated to think about 'paper' and how to commemorate the first anniversary of our blog I immediately thought about grunge paper and that led me to use my favourite Wendy Vecchi stamps on an ATC! I love the idea of a flower growing out of an ink bottle... and I had to include my new Hashtag stamps as well as an appropriately numbered game piece! I love being part of this blog and have made some wonderful friends both on our DT and you all who contribute your terrific projects! So, happy happy first birthday and thank you for letting me be part of this fabulous first year!"


Jennie


"My love of paper stems from being given a lovely writing set and fountain pen when I was about eight or nine, so I decided to make a shadow box using the Tim Holtz Postage Stamp Die and fill it with letter writing items.  I loved making little postcards, stamps and paper rolls when I was younger too so this was a real trip down memory lane!  There are more photographs on my blog."


Sue


"I have to admit I don't use alot of paper normally in my projects so I had to give this one some serious thought! The one type of paper that I do like to work with is from old books, I love the texture and weight of it and it's perfect for making roses with !"


Trace


"Paper is quite an unusual supply for my crafty pieces, as I usually make my own backgrounds from scratch but I loved playing with paper for this piece, using some fab Tim Holtz papers which I distressed and inked and some old book pages which add great detail and interest to a piece. I also used the colours of the paper to guide the colour scheme for the piece. This is a fab team to be part of and I love creating  for them so hope you will all be able to join in our first birthday fun!"




Are you ready? Got some ideas? We're hoping that you're all going to join in and show us just how creative and diverse you can be with your papers!  The challenge closes at 23:50 on March 31st so you have plenty of time... Good luck! xxx


21 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blogaversary and stunning DT inspiration again this month. I will be back later to play... great theme!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy First Blogaversary! Lovely DT inspiration and hello to Saba. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy first blogaversary! Thanks for a year of wonderful challenges - long may it continue! Great inspiration too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogaversary and thanks for all the wonderful inspiration and challenges. I didn't realize you'd only been going for one month when I first began to blog back in April 2013! Some fabulous inspiration for this challenge too. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogaversary and i hope you have many more to come!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to all of you! Love the "Paper Chase" theme and the DT projects are all so amazing! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning inspiration from Saba and the always gorgeous design team. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to CVC! Your fabulous team have outdone themselves with the celebration paper projects - fantastic creations all round.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary…how fast the time is flying! Truly awesome inspirations from all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many congratulations on your first anniversary. I really enjoy your challenges and you have some awesome talent on your DT. Cheers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your first anniversary. Beautiful inspiration DT and thank you for a wonderful challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your blogaversary. Fantastic inspitation DT
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blogoversary! Great Inspiration from the team!! Love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to your blogaversery! Love to visit your blog, watching all the wonderful inspirations, I'm looking for more *gg*
    hugs serafeena

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Blogaversary and congratulations! BEAUTIFUL work by the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very big Happy Blogaversary. I am going to try and enter the challenge as I have just completed a project that I love. Because I love love love paper especially when they are different or pretty or shiny or grungy well just paper lol.
    Now is the hard part. I have just started blogging very recently and have not yet linked anything from it. Therefore this challenge has an added challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations everyone, and thanks for a year of beauty and inspiration. I may not always comment, it's been a bit of a crazy 9 months for me, but I always look and admire!!! But on this occasion not only am I commenting, but I've even added a card to the challenge! Suz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great challenge, & a good incentive to dig into all those papers I've been hoarding!
    Wonderful inspiration from the Team!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. That year went awfully quickly! Thank you for a year of wonderful inspirations and great challenges Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Having trouble with my link!!
    Have tried to link my post but image not showing up will check back later and see if this has changed here is my link just in case.
    http://capricorncrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/tattered-flowers.html

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete

We love to know what you think about our site, our challenges and the projects our DT Members and guests donate. All constructive comments are welcome and if you have any questions we have provided a contact form on the sidebar.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and support us. Happy crafting!

Susan and the CVC team xxx