Monday 13 July 2015

Lucky Jane's been crafting in the shadow of a mountain...

Hello friends!

It's a guest post today and many of you will know Jane, she's a regular entrant to our challenges as well as being a previous winner.  Jane is here to share her interpretation with us and what a beautiful project it is...




Hi I am Jane of Jane's Journal and I work as a physiotherapist for the NHS as a musculoskeletal therapist. This is a job I love but it is busy and stressful and I find crafting the perfect way to relax. I have been a "make and do girl" since I could hold a pencil and as well as card making I am a silversmith,  jewellery maker and cake decorator.  I also adore getting out into my tiny garden when the weather allows me to. I am married to a wonderful man who not only tolerates my hobbies but actively encourages me. I have 2 grown up children and in November my darling first grandbaby arrived, Daisy Jane. I have no real "type" of card making as I love learning new techniques and I happily craft in both girlie and grungy mode. I have a garden studio lovingly built for me by my husband and Dad 2 years ago so when the weather is warmer I can disappear and craft away. We also share our home with a fab cat called Billy who regularly features in my blog. Thanks so much  for asking me to feature as one of your guest designers. 



Hello I am Jane of Jane's Journal. 
I am delighted to be featured today as a Guest Designer here at Country View .  I am and always will be, a make and do girl and I have an artistic streak in me which is constantly looking at new ideas and challenges, most recently art journalling.  I am also a keen photographer, gardener, silversmith, cake maker,.......the list never ends! I am also an NHS physiotherapist so my crafting is my relaxation. I love sharing my processes over on my blog, which will be celebrating it's 5th birthday later this month. I LOVE blogging and I have met so many wonderful friends.  I have a sweet little garden studio where I am lucky to sit out in the summer, when I am not at work, and craft amongst the flowers.  When Chris contacted me and told me that the theme for July's Challenge  was to be "On your Travels" I decided that our holiday in Sicily could be recorded in a handmade travel journal. I took various supplies away with me and I even crafted in the shadow of Mount Etna. If you would like to see inside my journal (I have given a sneak peek) do pop over to my blog. Thanks again Chris for inviting me and enjoy the summer everyone. Crafty hugs to you all xx





How beautiful this is and how fabulous to have crafted your project whilst you were actually away - brilliant Jane, thank you!

What is your take on our theme?  It might be an imaginary journey, it could be real, somewhere you've been, somewhere you'd like to visit, a safari, the seaside, so many, many options - we'll leave that up to you!

On Wednesday we'll be back with several projects and some news...... join us then to find out what it is.

Have fun!

Chris and the CVC team xxx

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Chris and the team.Thanks for having me here to guest design...I seem to have 2 introductions but that is much better than 1 ;0) I loved making my travel journal and yes I crafted in the shadow of none other than Mount Etna. It was so inspiring and I now have a much loved keepsake. I really hope that it might inspire others to make a holiday journal and it is a perfect place to keep all those tickets etc that you never know what to do with but can't bear to throw away! Crafty hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful journal Jane, just popped back over from your blog and its full of inspiration. Your inked papers are super.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous gorgeous work Jane - stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to be able to craft on your holiday and in the shadow of a volcano no less! Off to take a closer look at your travel journal Jane.

    ReplyDelete

We love to know what you think about our site, our challenges and the projects our DT Members and guests donate. All constructive comments are welcome and if you have any questions we have provided a contact form on the sidebar.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and support us. Happy crafting!

Susan and the CVC team xxx