Friday 1 January 2016

#35 January 2016 - Be inspired by BOTTLES

Welcome to our new challenge and the first for 2016. Before we venture any further we would like to wish you

HAPPY NEW YEAR

from everyone at Country View Challenges.

We hope that the new year is full of magic and promise of good times ahead.

To get us into the mood for crafting after the holidays we would like you to be inspired by bottles.  We use them every day and they are common items in our homes but usually they end up in the recycling bin without another thought. So the team have put their thinking caps on and come up with some wonderful transformations to whet your appetite. Let's take a look at what they have been creating.


Rachel

Hello there and a Happy New Year to you! Rachel here with my first take on this wonderful theme of being inspired by bottles. You can get full details on my blog here.
Rachel xx



For Brenda's wonderful challenge I took the opportunity of  altering an old air freshener bottle with crackle paint, paints, an adhesive pearl embellishment, lace, flowers and an old button. Do please join me on my blog for all the details and to see how my bottle was transformed.



Hello Everyone Debs here; Happy New Year! I hope you all have had a wonderful time. I haven't had much time to play but this weekend is all mine.

I had fun altering this bottle, the great idea of the lovely Brenda. Combining crackle and string worked well together and it's really simple. It's about 6 inches high and perfect for this little shelf. You can see all the details over on my blog, bye for now.



I do love Tim Holtz Crackle Paint and it is used on this MDF wall hanging to crackle some little bottles and also the flowers. There are more details today over on my blog -  Addicted to Art - it would be lovely to see you there.


Monika

The first challenge theme of 2016 was chosen by the lovely Brenda: Inspired by bottles. So I have brought you here a Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans jar. On my blog the most popular blogpost is "Jar for the Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans" this is why I have decided to make a new version of this jar with Sizzix. More details on my blog. And happy new year!




Sue


Hi and Happy New Year! I thought I would go along with the New Year theme for my first bottle, so here's the gang wishing you lots of happiness. Full details can be found here on my blog.



Happy New Year! I love using bottles in projects - as bottles, or the bodies of people or as something completely different! For my projects this month I have envisaged a bottle as a vase. This PaperArtsy bottle is a great size to hold this flower! More details are on my blog. Gabrielle x


Brenda

I transformed an old Starbucks bottle into a New Years Eve table decoration. It has a number of layers on it before I could say I was happy with the effects I had achieved and once displayed on my buffet table I was really rather pleased with the results. Pop over to Bumblebees and Butterflies to see more.



I love bottles, so I was very happy to see Brenda's theme for January - I'm always inspired by bottles!  My first offering is a fairly simple one - an ATC, a stamp, some paints and some Glossy Accents.  If you'd like to see more, do pop over to Words and Pictures.  And a happy New Year to you all!


*************************


 Thank you all for a wonderful 2015 with all your amazing entries to our various challenges and we are looking forward to seeing what you create for 2016. 

Have a fun and creative year.


hugs Brenda and the CVC Team xxx



7 comments:

  1. happy new year to you all, hoping that the new year will magically have more hours in each day so I can join in the challenges again....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that... wishing more hours in the day so I can craft more!
    Fabulous start of the year for the Countryview DT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lovely selection - is this the next challenge as I do not seem to be able to find the link.

    crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do we link our creation to the blog please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My apologies, in my haste to get everything done before new year I missed it off but have added it now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The link says 52 days is it still meant to be one month. It would be nice to have lots of time but I don't want to take too long and miss the deadline.

    Happy 2016

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thrilled to be able to join in with such a fabulous theme! Gorgeous samples from the team as ever. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

We love to know what you think about our site, our challenges and the projects our DT Members and guests donate. All constructive comments are welcome and if you have any questions we have provided a contact form on the sidebar.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and support us. Happy crafting!

Susan and the CVC team xxx