Tuesday 1 March 2016

Woo hoo - It's our Birthday

Hi Everyone and welcome to our special birthday challenge. We start with an amazing theme from Debs who has chosen 'Industrial' for us to focus on, so we are looking for industrial images, embossing folder textures, something mechanical, metallic colours with cogs and wheels, robots or something normal made to look metallic/industrial.



Hi everyone, Debs back, and im sharing a very grungy tag with you. It was a good opportunity to get out the gears makes some flowers and stick it all together with black thick grease (metaphorically speaking). My inspiration? Thoughts of a bygone age when industry was established and man was attempting to mechanicalize everything. Have fun! You can see how this come together here.



Gabrielle
I had lots of fun creating my mechanical heart for this month's Industrial theme. Lots of die cuts, alcohol inks and paints were used! Can't remember the last time I used my alcohol inks so thank you Debs for choosing this theme! More, as always, on my blog. Gabrielle x



Doreen

Wow this was a bit of a hard one for me, I wasn't sure what do do for Industrial so I really hope you like my first make. More details on my blog.



Monika

For our March challenge I made a boyish card using robot stamps, gears and metal embossing folder  to reach an industrial effect. If you want to know more about the supplies, please jump to my blog.



Rachel

Hello there - Rachel here with my first make for the theme Industrial - I had such fun making this Debs - thanks for the challenge! You can find out how I did it on my blog here.



When I did my version of Tim Holtz's January tag I made a mental note to try a similar idea for a birthday card! Do pop over to Addicted to Art to see the details and a second version.




I am having great fun working with these slim pieces of greyboard and this piece was just perfect to try out some wonderful industrial techniques learnt at a recent workshop with Andy Skinner. Do join me over on my blog if you would like to see some more details.



Sue


Good morning it's Sue here with my first 'Industrial' piece. Living in the North of England our industry has always been coal mining, and this stamp reminds me of pit head winding gear which is now sadly no longer around.
Full details can be found here on my blog x


I've a really quirky project for you this month, my inspiration was an old rusty camera but as the project grew, ideas changed and new bits and pieces got added. It definitely has an old and weathered look and the real thing would have been manufactured in a factory.  I have called this 'Through the Lens of Time'.


********************

So it's over to you now, create your project and link it below and let's see who wins the birthday voucher from Susan this month. To celebrate a bit more there will be an extra special prize and activity coming up for the beginning of April so stay tuned.  And don't forget to come back throughout March for more inspiration - including our January winner Karen of Karen's Crafting Obsessions who will be Guest Designing for us later this month.

hugs Brenda and the CVC team xxx

15 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to one of my favourite challenges. Great industrial themed pieces from you all. I have recently made a industrial Valentine's card so a birthday one would be fun to challenge myself. Happy March...spring is just around the corner xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow guys what fabulous creations and all so different !! Might have to join in this one......

    hugs to all,

    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab DT creations as always. Is it me as I can't find a Linky thing anywhere for the challenge?
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you.....I Wont sing lol, great challenge and inspiration hope to join in later

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday and thank you for all the wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Fab theme and great projects made by the DT full of inspiration . Hoping to join in more this next year . x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous makes from the DT. Happy Birthday Country View. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have an awesome Birthday celebration.
    Thank you so much for asking me to be a GDT for this challenge, I am very honoured.
    Thank you Debs for the challenge. Industrial is not my norm but I loved the challenge and how it stretched me and my skills. The DT inspirations are fabulous as always.
    I hope it's okay to create something new and enter again, but it will be later in the month, lol, as I am slow at Industrial and to this mixed media stuff Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Great inspiration again from the DT. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday and it looks like a lot of very happy crafting, such wonderful ideas, thanks for sharing. Dx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! Time passes so quickly, I can't believe the blog is 3 years old already...

    ReplyDelete
  12. ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ !!HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

    Loved this post and all the incredibly fab creations. You are all just so talented. Tomorrow I am coming back to look more carefully... can't wait.
    Great challenge for a SUPER FINE birthday celebration time. j.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday!! :D How fun!! And I love your theme! I had a blast with my box. I love seeing all of the DT Projects! They are fabulous!! Thanks for another fun challenge!

    - Susan, {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Sentimental Susan - Zibbet}
    {Sentimental Susan - Etsy}
    {Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges}

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was a really hard one for me, but I pulled up my britches and tried really hard! The DT samples and entries so far are all mind-blowing! Great work ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to know what you think about our site, our challenges and the projects our DT Members and guests donate. All constructive comments are welcome and if you have any questions we have provided a contact form on the sidebar.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and support us. Happy crafting!

Susan and the CVC team xxx