Thursday 1 May 2014

Challenge #15 AND a new DT Member!

Happy 1st of May everyone - it's time for our new challenge!

First of all we have to thank everyone who joined in last month's challenge - great entries - the winners will be announced soon.

We still have a DT call out but if you're interested please hurry as the closing date is tomorrow, May 2nd. We have a new member to our team joining us today, I'm so pleased to introduce Astrid (of Astrid's Artistic Efforts) whom many of you will know already as she is a stalwart in our crafting community. You can read more of Astrid's interests on our DT page

WELCOME ASTRID!

Now to our May challenge... This month our theme has been chosen by Donna and it is:

'Nature's glories'

Please make sure you follow the rules (they're very simple) to be in with a chance of the main prize of a £20 shop voucher from our host, COUNTRY VIEW CRAFTS. The winner is chosen at random (random.org) and we also award 'Top 3' and Special mention blog badges to those we think have shown the most creativity and originality in interpreting our theme.

As usual, our DTMs have created some fabulous projects to get you thinking and they are headed by stunning projects from our two, wonderful, March (Blogaversary) winners...



Susan Janicula of

I was surprised to have been selected as one of the winners of Blogaversary challenge, and it is a great honor for me to be asked if I want to be a guest designer.

I live in Copenhagen, Denmark with my husband and I have for many years made creative things. My main interest is scrapping, being on my blog and to follow what is happening of new initiatives within scrapping. Most I like vintage and steampunk and there must also be room for humor and bright colors in what I do.

http://susanjanicula.blogspot.com/2014/04/natures-glories.html
I've always admired the boxes/drawers with collected things from nature at Natural History Museums, and I've made a mini drawer with a bit of Mother Nature. I've used the container from Tim Holtz's Matchbox die to build up the drawer.



Sue O'Connell of
I have been card making and scrapbooking professionally for 14 years but it all started when I swapped Geography GCSE for Art at school and fell in love with the subject.  I make bespoke scrap canvas, scrapbooks and cards, and love to demonstrate products for companies and teach workshops on crafting all over the North West and cannot think of a nicer way to spend my spare time. My philosophy is ‘There’s no such word as can’t’ and I love altering stuff I find on car boot sales, in charity shops and making anything out of nothing.

I am honoured to be asked to partake in this month’s challenge at Country View Crafts as a guest. I am with some very talented people.  I haven't constructed a canvas in a while and so I started off with a 20cm x 20cm deep canvas I purchased from a car boot sale for £1.

I have used cosmic shimmer mists, distress ink, old books, WOW clear embossing powder, watercolour paints, chipboard letters, Promarker pens.  The stamp sets I used are Stampers Anonymous- 'Classic Favourites 5'  Heartfelt Creations- 'Melodious Songbird' and 'Easter Lilies' and PaperArtsy- 'Jofy 09'  Some of them you can purchase from the Country View Crafts Shop.

Get the full instructions from my blog. Have fun crafting, Sue



Donna
I had a gelli print laying around that I had made using some die cut leaves as stencils and thought it was perfect as a base for this card to which I couldn't resist the temptation of adding a big floppy 'tattered floral' flower to.  More details on my blog.



Gabrielle
When I think of nature I think flowers and these fabulous Lin Brown designed flowers (for PaperArtsy) seem to fit the bill perfectly! The pages of my large journal were painted with PaperArtsy paints and the spots are Grunge Paste through a stencil. The bottles (again, PaperArtsy!) were stamped on packaging from some of Tim's new dies!



Jennie
How can you not love a challenge entitled Nature's Glories!  I recently gave in and bought the final Distress Inks I didn't have which included Mowed Lawn and I love the way it mixes so well with Vintage Photo.  If I could I would have a garden full of white flowers and greenery, so this wish inspired this tag.



Astrid
First of all, I am super excited to be part of this wonderful team, and look forward to seeing all your wonderful creations for this month's challenge.

When I think of nature, the seasons often spring to mind. Each season has its own wonderful array of gifts to bring. I created a 4 panel accordion flip card, each depicting different elements of nature through the year. For details please visit my blog.



Chris
This time of year is so special, the residual brown hues of winter being left behind by the vibrant new growth of spring and summer. Not to be outdone are the birds who, when you can't see them, you can hear. I had to add a bee to my tag as we seem to have an abundance of early honey seekers again this year! Inks, dies, stamps and Tim's Idea-ology all came together for this celebration. How and what can be found on my blog.




Now it's over to YOU! We hope these projects have added some inspiration to our theme and we look forward to seeing what you create. GOOD LUCK!

Chris and the team xxx


15 comments:

  1. What a perfect theme for May and so much wonderful inspiration from your DT, thanks everyone. It's great to see that Astrid has joined your talented team. Lovely to see the GD work too...just beautiful..all nature's glories indeed xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great theme for a Challenge, and I must say a welcome to Astrid, I know her work and I am always inspired by her creations, she will be a wonderful asset to your already talented Group.
    Great samples by the way.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Astrid! Thanks Ladies for a fabulous array of projects again this month! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susn and Sue's pieces are beautiful and the DT have created some wonderful inspirational pieces.

    It is lovely to see Astrid here too, congratulations Astrid! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely challenge and wonderful DT creations! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing the gorgeous DT inspirations and for another great challenge Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great theme, and wonderful examples. I hope digi images are allowed, I couldn't see anything saying they are not.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Cazzy, digi's are allowed, we are open to all crafts here and the winner is chosen at random so all entries have an equal chance too. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found you, yay! I joined in your challenge Nature's Glories yay!! Thanks for all the beautiful inspiration and for the fun challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your challenge after placing my first order in your shop so will be joining in each month now. Great inspiration from the DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. With so many wonderful samples from the team and a great theme I had to join in! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. With so many wonderful samples from the team and a great theme I had to join in! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I just found your challenge blog and I love this month's theme and the wonderful DT projects.

    ReplyDelete

We love to know what you think about our site, our challenges and the projects our DT Members and guests donate. All constructive comments are welcome and if you have any questions we have provided a contact form on the sidebar.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and support us. Happy crafting!

Susan and the CVC team xxx